Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clearwater 1/2 Marathon

Wow, I actually felt amazing this race despite all the cocktails and the restless sleep prior to the race, the weather was perfect and my husband came to watch which was so nice, thank you. For this race I decided to GU and stop at all the water stops and it amazingly worked out in my benefit, I am so stubborn I should have listen to all of you much sooner. Even with the Bridges it felt good, I felt strong, I could have gone a little faster but was holding out for the bridges making sure I had enough energy to run them strong. I loved having the Garmin being able to see my splits helped out and gave me a bit of encouragement along the way. My final time was 1:53:57 which is great but of course now I want under 1:50:xx!!! Does it ever really stop:)
Mark did an incredible job with making a PR of some crazy time, he is so fast.
Jenny did super getting a PR on the 5 miler, and she just finished a marathon the week before!
I saw a lot of friends everyone did amazing and of course I had lots of fun even with the Bridges.

3 comments:

Sarah Kathryn said...

Ah, we are bringing you over to the dark side - Garmin and GUs - what's next, a water belt?! :)

You did so so well - I was blown away by how fast you ran this race ESPECIALLY considering the hills. You are such a dedicated and talented runner!!!

Mark said...

Congratulations on the PR! Good warm up for Gasparilla half :) Thanks for all of the compliments and thank you to your husband for watching the boys.

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

cherise the beauty that is within you gives you a tremendous strength the move ahead "at lightening speed" and with such grace. i was so excited to hear about your highly successful adventure. regretfully i couldn't make this one but i hope to run again with you soon. if you have a garmin (i am getting the newer version also,i'm such a sheep) does this mean i'll have a YMCA membership? congrats i hope to talk with you soon. God bless. p.s. your blog photo with you and the kids is the best.