Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Great 10 Miler - January 11

I have been a terrible blogger, but of course I have still been running I finished a little over 32 miles this last week. Today most of my running girls ran the Disney Marathon and did an amazing job, as I must brag, great job girls I am so proud of you and all your hard work!!! That left Carin and Jodi for me to do my Sunday run with, but neither one were able to make it, that left me all by myself with a choice of a day off or out running by myself (10 miles:( )? So I decided to go for it and run by myself and stay in the hood , I finished 10 in a pace much faster than I would have run my last 2 half marathons in. I felt amazing, I think what made the difference was the GU I took at mile 4, I felt so charged up after the GU kicked in, wow, what was I missing all this time. I did all 10 miles with the average pace of low 9s some even 8s! hey that is great for me especially with being in neighbours hoods with all the turns and traffic to deal with. I cant wait to run the Clearwater 1/2 next Sunday, despite the hills I will have to endure during the race!

3 comments:

J said...

I am glad you had a good GU experience!! Great job on your 10 miles, especially since you were all alone. You will do great on Sunday!

n/a said...

Great run! I just recently started with GU's and although it's all I can do to gag them down, it's worth it! I'm looking forward to your upcoming race report! Good luck!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Great job!

We'll be at the 1/2 too (as spectators). We'll be excited to cheer you on!!! :)