Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

We have been so busy with the holidays and work that I have not had time to email, blog, face book, or even relax.... but of course I have made time to run, (this is Cherise we are talking about). For Christmas my husband did get the Garmin for me, and I am having so much fun with it, probably a little to much so.
My old running partner Linda is in town for the week so we meet up for a long run on Sunday, a little over 10 miles. It was so very nice to get a chance to catch up with her and a good challenge as well, as she is a fairly fast runner.
Over the holidays my husband, Mike also decided he was going to start running!:) This is an exciting day in the Dumas household as Mike never has liked to run but knows 40 is just looming around the corner and he needs to get healthy and in shape. His goal is going to be to finish a 1/2 marathon in the next year, with this in mind to encourage him I told him he could get a flat screen t.v on the way home from finishing his 1/2 marathon, I thought it was a pretty good encouragement gift! We will start training in the evenings on the nights I am off of work.
It has been truly a great holiday season, my brother came from Australia, my in-laws from Texas and the kids have been so much fun and such a blessing.
To start the New Year off right I did run today I did a little over 7 miles and it felt great!!! nothing to report about this run just 7.

2 comments:

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

40 is looming??? i am turning 41 you are too cute. i hope he learns to enjoy the labor of running.

J said...

Hooray for your new Garmin! And hooray for Mike starting to run also! I can't wait to see him out at some of the races this year. Although you two might have to do as Mark and I do...take turns racing, so the other can spectate with the kids!