Friday, January 23, 2009

SPEED WORK:(

Taking it easy this week for 2 reasons, mostly b/c the boys have been sick and second b/c my legs were tired from Sundays race those bridges were killers. Even if I did enjoy them in a crazy sort of way.
I met up with Jenny on Thursday for the 1st run of the week and we did a speedy 6.5 miles at a 9 min mile pace. It felt really good to have a running partner for an outside run during the week and we had much to talk about not having run together in a few weeks. Thanks Jenny I really enjoy running with you. As we finished our run and we were inside the Y stretching someone made a comment about speed work and me not keeping up, that comment kind of ate at me for the rest of the day, a bit so much that today was speed work day!!! I did a warm up of 1 mile and 3 miles in 23:56 mins. and a 1/2 mile warm down! Take that!! I am not competitive against anyone but myself but don't tell me I cant Keep up. With that said I will be doing speed work more often and I will signing up for a 5k soon.

3 comments:

J said...

Great job on the speed work! Although, I don't remember anyone saying you couldn't keep up. Actually, I am the one hoping to keep up with you in a 10k one day...

The Devlin Family said...

Whoever said YOU can't keep up is crazy!

n/a said...

WHAT?! You are faster than any runner around here! Seriously, you are a very talented runner and don't let anyone tell you any different :o)